HOME FARM FC / CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
Home Farm FC provides sporting opportunities through soccer for young people in our club under the auspices of the Football Association of Ireland.
Home Farm FC is committed to safeguarding children and to working under the guidance of the FAI safeguarding policies. Members of the club both volunteers and staff are committed to providing a safe environment where young people can grow and develop.
This Child Safeguarding statement has been developed in line with the requirements under the Children First Act 2015, the Children First: National Guidelines and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A guide for Policy, Procedure and practice.
Home Farm FC has the following procedures to safeguard our young players while in our care:
- Child safeguarding policies and procedures
- Procedure for the reporting of such allegations of abuse or misconduct against club workers/volunteers
- Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct against workers/Volunteers.
- Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Tusla, the Child & Family Agency.
- Procedure for the safe recruitment and selection of workers and volunteers to work with children
- Procedure for provision of and access to child safeguarding training and information, Child safeguarding policies and procedures, including identification of the occurrence of harm
- Procedure for appointing a relevant person for the purpose of the legislation.
Home Farm in its written risk assessment document has identified areas of potential risk of harm, the likelihood of such risk occurring and the required procedures to alleviate the risk. Risks are identified in the following categories: Club & Coaching practices, Complaints & Discipline, Reporting Procedures, Recruitment, Communications and Health & Safety.
We recognise that child safeguarding is an on-going process. Our club is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that assist in keeping children safe from harm while in our care. This Child Safeguarding Statement will be kept under continuous review and updated/amended as required.
Child Welfare Officer